Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 1: Gaijin Smashって何?!

I was intending to start this blog at the top of the New Year, but what the hell. I caved. It's the night before I take JLPT N1 (for those out there who don't know what that is, it's the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam), which I am sure to fail.

This blog serves a few purposes:
  • Introducing my current life in Japan to people living back home (and anyone else who wants to read it) with pictures and anecdotes.
  • Teaching a little bit of Japanese grammar or vocabulary daily as I study with the intent to pass the top-level N1 exam. Teaches you, helps me review :)
  • Sharing occurrences of gaijin-smashing-ness. Gaijin Smash is what a lot of foreigners (exchange students, lifers, etc) call "bending the confines of Japanese society to an outcome that is favorable to us because of our supposed lack of ability to communicate in Japanese." Basically receiving a pass because you aren't Japanese. These stories may be recent or reflections upon stuff that has happened in the past.

Things may change, but for now, that's the idea!

宜しくお願いします!

No comments:

Post a Comment